2. July 2013 by Swiss
Hello Boys and Girls!
No small talk here, just one thing – THIS recipe might sound strange, but it is soooo good!! AND it contains FIVE different vegetables – eggplant, broccoli, cucumber, beet and spinach!! Score!
Perfect for Laura’s Link collection…
aaaaand also Kierston’s #RECIPEFRIDAY….
Today I present you the
HUMMUS AND GREEN VEGGIE STUFFED BEET AND SPINACH OMELETT-ROLLS
Ingredients for the omelett-rolls:
70g cooked beet
100g spinach leaves
2 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp grated garlic
1 tsp parsley
For the filling:
4 tbsp of any kind of Hummus, I made a batch of my Eggplant Hummus, but nixed the Avocado.
100g steamed broccoli
Prepare 2 shaker or bowls.
In 1 bowl, mix 1 egg&2whites, plus the spinach, the yeast and half of the spices.
In the second bowl, mix 1 egg&2whites, plus the beet, the yeast and the other half of the spices.
Heat up 2 skillets on medium heat and cover with cooking spray.
Poor the mixtures into the pans and cook like an omelett.
Get someone to flip it.
Because you might fail, like me.
Take the omeletts out and let cool a bit.
Spread Hummus on both omeletts and fill up with cucumber slices and broccoli.
Roll up, and serve with leftover veggies.
Are you a flipping master? I definitely have to work on it – Pancakes I can do, but omeletts and crepes….oh my.
Favorite Hummus Flavor?
- Tuesday Recipes – Recipe Finds (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Recipes – Burger is King (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- The Pancake Queen or Welcome to Broccoliville! – Guest Post (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Friday Favorites – Shake that Smoothie (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Spinach & Roasted Beet Salad with Berry-Balsamic Vinaigrette | Lemons and Anchovies (korusfood.wordpress.com)